If you’re spending too much time worrying about decreasing reimbursements, increasing patient liability and navigating the constantly changing world of third-party payers, you’re not able to do what you do best — take care of patients. If your hard-working and dedicated staff is struggling to get through the day-to-day demands of your practice or facility, they’re not able to take time out to “sharpen the saw” and delve into the details of the key elements that drive your business.
If this sounds familiar, HK’s health care provider consulting service may be able to help. As margins grow thin and expenses continue to increase, it becomes less and less likely that you will be able to hire full-time analysts, operations managers or senior-level leaders. But that doesn’t mean you may not need some of the services that these professionals are able to provide.
HK can provide highly-specified services to your health care organization
- Initial credentialing for new providers
- Credentialing review, audit and enhancement for existing providers
- Charge Description Master (CDM) creation for new and existing providers
- Managed care contracting and fee schedule negotiations for new and existing providers
- Front-office/registration evaluation, training and implementation
- Billing operations process review and analysis
- Insurance accounts receivable review and analysis
- Patient accounts receivable review and analysis
- Detailed financial analysis of the overall revenue cycle
- Analysis of current operational processes and modification and/or creation of new operational processes
- Staffing review and analysis
- Specialty-specific research and implementation of ancillary or more complex revenue streams
- Development of key financial drivers and regular reporting
- Other services as requested by clients
HK’s expertise with health care consulting can help providers in several areas
Many practices or health care organizations are “bleeding” revenue in some way. Don’t let yours fall victim to this waste!
You have a dedicated, hard-working staff that has your best interests in mind. We can give your staff the tools they need through a personalized, ongoing working relationship. We are not here to replace your staff. We want to help make them more effective for you!
While many health care issues are universal in nature, most are applicable to your specialty and your organizational setup.
Don’t let larger companies fool you. There is a local and regional nature to health care administration and revenue. Our expertise is not on high-level, general trends and theory. It’s in digging into the details that are specific to your practice and our community.
Contact HK today for more information about how our health care consulting services can help providers improve the operations of their practices.
Medical provider articles of interest
- Quick Tips: Don’t Neglect Your Fee Schedules!
- Your Health Care Industry Specialists
- Survival Guide to Institutional Knowledge
- Survival Guide to Practice Management Data
- Avoiding ASC Claims Denials in the ICD-10 Age: 8 Key Concepts
- Survival Guide to Business Basics
- Medical Practice Survival Guide: How to Avoid Personnel Mistakes
- ICD-10 Transition Advice: Do Not Panic!
- Medical Practices Look to Retain Autonomy in Changing Health Care Environment
- Remaining Independent as Health Reform Looms