Social Security & Medicare Consulting
Ask anyone at retirement age about drawing Social Security, and they most likely will tell you that it is more complex than it seems – and they would be correct.
Common questions surrounding drawing Social Security we hear:
- Should I draw at age 62? Or is it more beneficial to wait until FRA (full retirement age) or even 70?
- What percentage of my working life income will Social Security cover?
- How do I ensure I will qualify for Medicare and Social Security Disability (SSDI)?
- What are the scenarios if my spouse dies or I get a divorce?
Helping you understand your Social Security & Medicare options
Social Security and Medicare can be more complex than they seem and just as with any financial decision, it takes time and analysis to determine the right time to collect so you can maximize your benefits.
With our team at Honkamp, we can help you with:
- Educating you and answer your questions about Social Security, including the topics of retirement, disability and Medicare
- Assisting you in signing up for Medicare and Social Security
- Informing you on how your spouse’s (or ex-spouse’s) benefits come into play
- Estimating your future benefits
And with the wide array of financial specialists on staff, including a seasoned, dedicated Social Security consultant, Honkamp is well positioned to assist you with:
- Outlining your personal scenario for drawing Social Security
- Deciding on the best time to draw on Social Security
- Understanding Medicare and SSDI
- Reviewing Medicare eligibility and supplemental coverage
- Reviewing survivor benefits
Social Security & Medicare blogs