How can we help?
Our peer review team focuses not only on providing your peer review report, we also focus on providing efficiency suggestions and insightful quality control recommendations. Our team is available to assist with corrective action or implementation plans if required by your most recent peer review.
Peer reviews are performed as either a system review or an engagement review.
- Required for firms that perform engagements in accordance with the Statement on Auditing Standards (SASs), the Government Auditing Standards (Yellow Book), examinations under the Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagements (SSAEs) or engagements under PCAOB standards.
- Focuses on the firm’s system of quality control.
- Includes determining whether the firm’s system of quality control for its accounting and auditing practice is designed and complied with to provide the firm with reasonable assurance of performing and reporting in conformity with applicable professional standards, including Statements on Quality Control Standards (SQCS) No. 8, A Firm’s System of Quality Control, in all material respects.
- Required for firms that only perform services under Statement on Standards for Accounting and Review (SSARSs) or services under the SSAEs that do not require a system review. Firms that only perform preparation engagements under SSARSs are exempt.
- An engagement review focuses on work performed on selected engagements.
In addition to the industry and quality control expertise of our team members, our peer review team leader, Brian Powers, is also a member of the Peer Review Alliance Report Acceptance Body. To discuss our peer review services, schedule a brief 10-15 minute call with Brian Powers.