We love to work with people who make and move things. Manufacturers and distributors drive our economy and have unique business and tax opportunities that Honkamp Krueger enjoys helping them uncover. Advances in technology are rapidly changing the way manufacturers and distributors do business, and staying ahead of the curve is paramount. It’s an industry like no other.
At Honkamp Krueger, our manufacturing and distribution team has vast industry experience, placing us in a position to uncover these opportunities to the delight of our customers.
HK focuses on the following important issues for manufacturers and distributors:
- Preparing for the new revenue recognition standards by the FASB and IASB
- Hiring auditors with extensive experience in the manufacturing space
- Knowing where you stand financially with timely and accurate monthly accounting and bookkeeping services
- Being proactive and strategic with tax planning and preparation
- Sorting through confusing sales and use tax issues, especially with multi-state involvement
- Recouping lucrative, timely business and expansion tax credits often left on the table
- Understanding Nexus issues when shipping to other states
- Offering a beneficial retirement plan
- Planning for the next generation of managers and owners
- Choosing and implementing the best software/technology
- Addressing the private equity groups pounding on your door
Manufacturing & Distribution Practice Leader
Manufacturing & Distribution Blog
- As fines increase, more attention needed on Form I-9
- What’s coming to the workplace in 2019?
- 12 things every CEO (and employee) needs to know about compensation and benefits
- Apply strategic planning to benefits modeling
- Managing the last stage of value maturity
- Know when it’s time to harvest your company’s value
- Build your value – Stage three of value maturity
- Protect your value: Stage two of value maturity
- Unpacking stage one of value maturity: Identify
- Introducing the 5 stages of business value maturity
- Getting ready to Exit: What Baby Boomers know and should know about getting their business ready for sale – Milwaukee Business Journal
- Uncover tax savings on your construction project with a cost segregation study
- Reverse Sales Tax Audit for Manufacturers: The Tax-Saving Measure You Could be Missing
- Going beyond the numbers: CFOs now hold pivotal roles in modern corporations
- Why SALT will take center stage next to tax reform in 2019 – The Tax Adviser
- List of states adopting new economic nexus standard grows in light of SD v. Wayfair
- Is your business ready for the new economic nexus standard?
- Five steps to revenue recognition – Part 1
- Are you ready for the new Revenue Recognition Standard?
- Iowa manufacturers now free of sales tax on production supplies