Illinois offering tax amnesty program
September 19, 2019
Illinois is in the process of offering a tax amnesty program. Participants who have existing tax liabilities for eligible periods can receive penalty and interest forgiveness. Below are highlights from the program:
- The amnesty program is open for tax periods ending after June 30, 2011, and prior to July 1, 2018. Most tax types qualify, including sales tax.
- Participants have from Oct. 1, 2019, through Nov. 15, 2019, to file and pay.
- Taxpayers must file original returns for non-filed periods, or file amended returns for incorrectly reported liabilities.
- Existing tax liabilities must be paid in full at time of filing.
- Currently, Illinois is the only state offering a tax amnesty program.
- If the participant's eligible tax liability is paid in full between Oct. 1, 2019, and Nov. 15, 2019, eligible penalties and interest will be waived.
For more information, visit:Â https://www2.illinois.gov/rev/research/news/Pages/2019-Illinois-Tax-Amnesty-Program.aspxÂ
For additional questions or assistance, contact your account manager or call 888-556-0123.