Wisconsin extends income tax filing deadline
March 21, 2020
Wisconsin has extended its income tax filing and payment deadline to match the postponed federal deadline of July 15 in an effort to provide relief in light of COVID-19. Interest and penalties are waived during this time.
Important to note:
- There is no need to file an extension form for this date, and there is not interest or penalty for the period
- The amount of payment postponed is not limited
- There are no income exclusions
- Applies to individuals, trusts, estates, partnerships, associations, companies or corporations.
- Estimated income tax payments and returns are still due April 15, 2020
- Interest, penalties, and underpayment interest will begin to accrue on July 16, 2020
For more information, visit https://www.revenue.wi.gov/Pages/News/2020/Tax-Deadline-Extended.pdf