Wisconsin has extended its income tax filing and payment deadline to match the postponed federal deadline of July 15 in an effort to provide relief in light of COVID-19. Interest and penalties are waived during this time.
Important to note:
- There is no need to file an extension form for this date, and there is not interest or penalty for the period
- The amount of payment postponed is not limited
- There are no income exclusions
- Applies to individuals, trusts, estates, partnerships, associations, companies or corporations.
- Estimated income tax payments and returns are still due April 15, 2020
- Interest, penalties, and underpayment interest will begin to accrue on July 16, 2020
For more information, visit https://www.revenue.wi.gov/Pages/News/2020/Tax-Deadline-Extended.pdf.